Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"So Grateful"

I am so grateful for my wonderful family! We were able to spend all last week up in Utah for Thanksgiving with them, and it made me realize how lucky I am to have such a great family. Because we don't live by family, and haven't for quite a few years, I cherish every moment we get to spend with them.
My Mom planned every little detail out and made the week perfect for all us. She is wonderful! We ate, played games, laughed, saw Twilight (with my Mom and sister-in-laws), found out my brother and his wife Ashley are having another boy ! (Yey!) , some played in a Turkey bowl, shopped, etc. It was a crazy, but perfect week.

My Mom, Haley, and I preparing the food

The Fam enjoying all of the food. It was so good and we all ate way too much!

Then it was on to the Thanksgiving story and sharing what we are all grateful for. I just love these moments!

This year my parents are only going to have 2 kids home for Christmas. The 3 married kids are with in-laws and Chris is on a mission. So, my Mom wanted to end of the week celebrating Christmas together. We exchanged gifts, had a gingerbread house contest, and even had a surprise visit from Santa!

All of the houses, but the winner was...
Rich and Kristen! They definitely took the most time! Love these 2!

Haley with Santa. She was a little scared at first, but warmed up to him in the end!

Finally, my sweet Sister-in-Law Ashley helped me take some 6 month pictures of little Kate. Kate is so sweet and adorable. I absolutely LOVE the stage she is at right now. She sits up, loves to cluck her tongue, is so happy and smiley, and really, just makes us so happy. I just want her to freeze right now and not get any older.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

23 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. You're alive!! It's great to hear and update. I love all the pictures. Your family is so great-I love your mom. Sounds like you had a super fun Thanksgiving week in UT.

Jeff and Kandis said...

so sweet, i love the pics of Kate! You had an early start with x-mas I see. Are you guys going to be in Cali then?

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! did I miss you? are you still in town?

Tanner Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in Utah! I love the pictures of Kate at the end so cute!

Maressa Vincent said...

Finally! I have been waiting for pictures! I'm so glad you got to spend the week with your wonderful family. They are so great! Hopefully we will get to see you guys soon.

Rich and Kristen Nash said...

Oh Ang! That pic of me is aweful! That needs to come down!! ha way cute of Rich I must say but def not of me! Maybe just crop me out or something!! ha Anyway, we had so much fun with you guys too! Thanks a ton for doing my hair! I love it! Can't wait to see you all again soon!

The Nash's said...

Cute pictures Ang, especially of us all shoveling in the dinner!! It was very tasty!!!

Leslie said...

Looks like fun. Love the pictures of Kate, and can you tell me where you get those headbands..love them:)

Brooke Fuller said...

This makes me really miss you guys.. at least I get to see you in 3 weeks!

Christine said...

Watermelon on Thanksgiving? No wonder you stay so dang skinny!

Baby Kate is so beautiful and growing up too fast! I'm so glad you were able to spend Thanksgiving with your family. And I love seeing pictures of your mom and her fun traditions - I want to be just like her when my kids are grown up and married!

I sure miss you girl!

The Larsons said...

Little Kate is so adorable, and we can't wait to meet her! Were not sure if we'll make it to Cali, so hopefully we can meet up in Utah. When will you be in Utah?

Parley and Katie Call said...

Kate really is an adorable baby. Love the pictures.

Lindsey S. said...

What a fun week. You have such a fun family!

Tiffany said...

How fun! Your little kids are so cute!~ I think I take living by my family for granted and don't give my husband enough support for not living by his... I'm glad you got to spend time with them! Happy holidays!!

heather telford photography said...

your kids are getting so big. they are beautiful!! Hope we dont miss each other next time your up!! :)

Growin' Like Weeds said...

It look like so much fun!!
It was fun to visit the other night! i love the Gingerbread houses.

Amber said...

Looks like you had such a wonderful holiday! Being away from family is the worst! It's probably the only bad thing about being married. :( I'm so excited to spend Christmas with my family.

Your children are beautiful. I can't believe how much Kate looks like Tyler in that first picture!!

Brandaan and Melissa said...

You really do have the best mom in the world. I told her I keep checking your blog in hopes to get a glimpse of her. I loved being able to see you when you came to visit. I miss Provo a lot. I love your blog, because I still feel like I'm still in the loop.

Brandaan and Melissa said...

You really do have the best mom in the world. I told her I keep checking your blog in hopes to get a glimpse of her. I loved being able to see you when you came to visit. I miss Provo a lot. I love your blog, because I still feel like I'm still in the loop.

Brandaan and Melissa said...

You really do have the best mom in the world. I told her I keep checking your blog in hopes to get a glimpse of her. I loved being able to see you when you came to visit. I miss Provo a lot. I love your blog, because I still feel like I'm still in the loop.

Woodards said...

I love the gingerbread houses! Great seeing you again at church today. Have a wonderful Christmas

Lance and Becky said...

I love it! You do have such a wonderful family and mom! I'm so glad you were able to come visit! I love the ginger bread houses, and the pictures of you guys! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Steph said...

happy birthday today Angie --- probably you won't see this today, but hope it is a good one and you get to do something to spoil yourself!!! Looking for a new post hopefully soon! xoxoxox