Sunday, December 2, 2007

Kauai for Thanksgiving...without kids

For Thanksgiving this year, we left our kids with my parents and went to the island of Kauai with Scott's family. This was the first time I had ever left my kids for that long of a time and so I was a little nervous before we left. But, of course, we ended up having a great time, and so did the kids - they love spending time with their grandparents and uncles. I really appreciate my family for all of their help! I am so lucky to have them. Hawaii was beautiful, and we had great weather almost the whole week. I also realized I am a much better picture taker when the kids are around. I kept forgetting my camera, and so to see more pictures, you may have to check my sister-in-laws' pages! Here are a few things we did while there.
We went on a Zodiac boat, basically an over-sized raft, for a 5 hour ocean-trip to the NaPali Coast. A bit of advice, don't ride on this if you are pregnant. Yes, I didn't take that advice and hopped right on. As you can imagine, I was over the side of the boat feeling terrible! Scott's sister Jenny was right with me. But it was a fun experience for the rest of the crew! On the way back it was raining, and we were still cruising. So rain was pelting us as we rode back to the dock. Ouch! We all look lovely in this picture!
One of the days, we went Kayaking up a river, where we ditched the kayaks, and hiked to a really pretty waterfall. The water was freezing, and so the only people who got in were Mike (Shannon's husband), Peter (Scott's brother), and Brooke (Scott's sister). Fun for them!

The last day was the Utah vs. BYU Game. We were able to watch it in a Sport's Bar, which as you can imagine, made Scott's day. He gets so into those games, it is hysterical. Pacing around, hands on his head! It makes me laugh! But, I love it, and wouldn't have it any other way. It turned out great with BYU winning in dramatic fashion once again. It was a great trip, and we are grateful to Scott's parents for having us all go.

7 comments:

Steph said...

Sounds like a blast! And look at you all pregnant and looking great and doing all the swim stuff in your cute little outfits! I am way impressed! I bet it was a nice break, altho coming home is also nice. it was so fun to talk to you on the phone, and we need to keep in touch like that more.!!!

Mary and Ryan said...

I think I could give up the traditional turkey day for a little Hawaii!! Looks like so much fun!!

bubblegumandlipgloss said...

so jealous! it looks beautiful and wonderful and exactly how i imagine it to be :). we'll go someday, but for now, thanks for the pics!

Camille said...

What a beautiful place. Nice to get a good trip in without kids before the next baby. :)

Amber said...

angie,

that just totally took me back down memory lane. vaughn and i went to kaui in april & did all the same things you did. we did the exact same NaPali tour and the exact same canoe/hike. i totally recognized all the pics. that was fun to reminisce. i'm glad ya'll had fun, although I can only imagine how much fun the catamaran was being pregnant. yuck! you must be a real trooper.

Jess Perry said...

Oh, I am jealous! I love Hawaii. It looks like you guys had a fun trip. How did you do being away from the kids?

Lance and Becky said...

K Ang, can I just tell you how fantastic you look! My word, I can't even tell you're pregnant...AT ALL! I would give anything to look like you when I'm pregnant! I remember when you were pregnant with Haley, and me Lance and you looked like a million bucks! I hope to see you in Vegas...are you going to the bowl game? We are leaving on Sunday (next Sunday), so maybe we can get together while we're there! I love the Hawaii pictures, what a fun trip you had! I need a little help with leaving my kiddos too, it's so hard for me too, and I really need some tips, so send um my way!